A sample from God Jul—The book with all the recipes you need for a Swedish traditional Christmas, translated for the American home and modified to fit today’s lifestyle. The perfect gift for you or that special someone: http://tinyurl.com/ykz65zy
72 beautifully photographed and inspiring recipes covering herring dishes, cold fish dishes, cold meat dishes, vegetarian dishes, hot dishes, cheese & bread and of course yummy desserts. Special offer if you are a subscriber to Nordstjernan - call 1.800.827.9333 ext 10
1 dish / serves 4-6
1 lb potatoes
1 yellow onion
1¼ cups cream
½ cup milk
Preheat oven to 450°F
• Peel and chop the root vegetables in strips, mix with salt and white pepper, then place in ovenproof dish
• Mix cream and milk and pour 1¼ cup of the liquid onto dish
• Use remaining liquid towards the end of baking, if needed
• Place in oven and bake for about 45 minutes, until root vegetables are soft
• It is also possible to use individual dishes, then bake for 20–30 minutes in oven.
God Jul—Recipes for a Swedish Christmas will bring much fun and many fond memories. 72 recipes; from the herring dishes, hot and cold dishes, to luscious desserts. Part of the book 'God Jul—Traditional Swedish Christmas Recipes' A cooperation between Nordstjernan and Mat & Vänner. Photography: David Back.