A sample from God Jul—The book with all the recipes you need for a Swedish traditional Christmas, translated for the American home and modified to fit today’s lifestyle. The perfect gift for you or that special someone: http://tinyurl.com/ykz65zy
72 beautifully photographed and inspiring recipes covering herring dishes, cold fish dishes, cold meat dishes, vegetarian dishes, hot dishes, cheese & bread and of course yummy desserts. Special offer if you are a subscriber to Nordstjernan - call 1.800.827.9333 ext 10
approx. 30 pieces
½ cup whipping cream
¾ cup sugar
7 tbsp honey
3½ oz dark chocolate
7 oz dark chocolate
Bring whipping cream, sugar, and honey to a boil in a heavy-based pot
• Simmer while stirring to 250°F
• Finely chop the chocolate and mix into the toffee mixture, heat to 245°F
• Pour into a dish lined with baking paper
• Leave to set until the following day.
Cut the toffee into pieces
• Melt the chocolate for the dip
• The chocolate should keep at 86°F
• Dip the toffee pieces in the chocolate and let them drain on a rack.
God Jul—Recipes for a Swedish Christmas will bring much fun and many fond memories. 72 recipes; from the herring dishes, hot and cold dishes, to luscious desserts. Part of the book 'God Jul—Traditional Swedish Christmas Recipes' A cooperation between Nordstjernan and Mat & Vänner. Photography: David Back.