cool off with a delicious yoghurt ice cream 'made in Sweden'
Let’s cool off with some yoghurt ice cream with strawberries and white chocolate. At least we can pretend that the yoghurt makes it a bit healthier, right? A little culture is never wrong, even if it comes in the form of dairy. Here’s a recipe from Leva och bo, as presented by alltommat.se
Ingredients Serves 6
1 cup heavy cream
4 egg yolks
4 Tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
2/3 cup Greek yoghurt
150 g white chocolate
200 g strawberries (fresh or frozen)
Instruction 1. Whip the cream hard.
2. Beat egg yolks and sugar, and add the cream and the yoghurt to it, a little at a time.
3. Add the strawberries, if they are fresh cut them in smaller pieces first. If you’re using frozen berries, let them thaw a bit, stir until they break and the batter gets a pinkish color.
4. Melt the white chocolate and add to the batter.
5. Put in the freezer, but take out and stir every now and then to keep it even. Let sit in the fridge for 6-8 hours.
6. Take out 15 minutes before serving.
Keep the heat at bay with yogurt ice cream with strawberries and white chocolate. Photo: Peter Erlandsson