The author of the Millennium series has entered a somewhat macabre top list.
The deceased Swedish author Stieg Larsson is sharing the ninth place in a somewhat macabre top list – that of top-earning dead celebrities, a list put together by Forbes Magazine. For the second year in a row, the list is topped by pop icon Michael Jackson, second is rock legend Elvis Presley, and third screen siren Marilyn Monroe. Stieg Larsson is the only Swede on the list, which looks like this in its entirety:
1. Michael Jackson
2. Elvis Presley
3. Marilyn Monroe
4. Charles Schultz (cartoonist and maker of the popular comic strip “Peanuts”)
5. Beatle John Lennon and actress Elizabeth Taylor
7. Scientist Albert Einstein
8. Author Theodor Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss)
9. Musician Jimi Hendrix, author Stieg Larsson, actor Steve McQueen and song-writer Richard Rodgers and
10. Beatle George Harrison, actress Bettie Page and artist Andy Warhol.
Swedish author Stieg Larsson (of Millenium fame) is the only Swede on Forbes list of top-earning dead celebrities. Larsson shares the ninth spot with Jimi Hendrix, Steve McQueen and Richard Rodgers.