Malmö, AIK and Elfsborg all grabbed victories in Round 4 of the Allsvenskan.

Elfsborg keeps Gelfe winless
Elfsborg won its third game in fourth match and second in row as it beat Gefle 2-1 on a late goal by Lasse Nilsson.
Although Gefle (0-2-2) outplayed Elfsborg (3-0-1) for long stretches of the match, it had problems finding that final touch needed to put the ball in goal. Mikael Dahlberg had the best chance of the opening 5 minutes when he went 1-on-1 with Elfsborg goalkeeper Kenneth Höje. Dahlberg rounded Höje but could not center his body on the ball and his shot – at an open net – went wide of goal.
Dahlberg and Gefle came to regret the miss. In the 24th minute, Anders Svensson led Elfsborg down field and found Victor Claesson lurking near the penalty area. Claesson laid the ball off for Johan Larsson who fired a shot that Gefle goalkeeper Mattias Hugosson deflected but not enough as it found the back of the net.
The goal acted as a catalyst for Gefle, which again took control of the game but still could not score. It took 46 minutes for Gefle to finally find that elusive goal. Jakob Orlov, who came close to scoring twice earlier in the match, notched his third goal of the season when he headed in a perfectly timed cross from Jonas Lantto.
Gefle continued to push for the winning goal and for 10 minutes looked like it would get its first win of the season. The constant attacking, however, opened up huge holes on the Gefle defense and Elfsborg took advantage on one its few forays into the Gefle third of the field.
With time running out, Stefan Ishizaki cleared the ball away from danger and swept it down field where Lasse Nilsson, the lone Elfsborg striker, managed to settle the ball and sweep it past Hugosson for a shock game-winner.
The victory could bode well for Elfsborg. The Borås side, in the past, might have settled for the draw, especially on the road, an attitude that has prevented Elfsborg from building on its own success. Since 2001, no team in Sweden has enjoyed more success than Elfsborg and yet, Elfsborg has just one title to show for its success. So far, at least, new head coach Jörgen Lennartsson has Elfsborg looking for wins. How long it lasts will determine where the Boras side finishes the season.

Malmö tops DIF for second straight win
Malmö FF served notice it is very much in the championship after it rallied for a 3-2 win over Djurgården April 16 at Stockholm Stadium.
Although a victory for the Sky Blues, the game was very much a tale of two halves as first Malmö (2-1-1) and then Djurgården (1-1-2) controlled the match. The opening half belonged to Malmö, especially midfielder Jiloan Hamad.
The Swedish Under-21 international set up the first goal of the game when he intercepted a pass from Djurgården defender Yussif Chibsah in the 13th minute. Hamad rattled a shot off the post and Wilton Figueiredo jumped on the rebound and pushed the ball past DIF net minder Kasper Jensen. The goal was his second of the season.
Hamad made the score 2-0 in the 34th minute when he teamed up with Simon Thern to split the Djurgården defense. Thern sent Hamad through with a pretty pass to Hamad’s feet, and Hamad knocked the ball through Jensen’s legs for a 2-0 lead.
The second half belonged to Djurgården and its new-look lineup. James Keene, who moved to Djurgården from Elfsborg, cut his former team’s lead in half when he scored in the 54th minute off a pass from fellow newcomer Ricardo Santos. Ten minutes later Marc Pedersen lofted in a corner kick that Kasper Hämäläinen headed past Johan Dahlin to tie the game, bringing the 9,952 in attendance to their feet.
Just five minutes later, Chibsah again brought the crowd to its feet when he beat Dahlin only to see his shot hit the post.
Djurgården continued to press but it was Malmö that had the final say. With two minutes remaining, Hamad found Mattias Ranegie lurking just inside the penalty area and the 2011 Allsvenskan top scorer made no mistake, sweeping the ball past Jensen. The goal was the first of the season for Ranegie.

In other matches:

AIK 1, Syrianska 0
SÖDERTALJE – AIK remained unbeaten on the season thanks to a 1-0 win April 15 over Syrianska at the Södertalje Football Arena. Lalawele Atakora tallied in the 60th minute to give AIK (2-2-0) the win. The loss was the second of the year for Syrianska (1-1-2).

Kalmar 3, Häcken 1
KALMAR - Abiola Dauda made his debut for Kalmar in spectacular fashion, scoring a perfect hat trick to lead KFF to a 3-1 win over BK Häcken. Dauda scored twice in the first half and once in the second for Kalmar (2-0-2). Tom Söderberg tallied for Häcken (2-1-1).

Mjällby 2, Åtividaberg 0
SÖLVESBORG – Mjällby recorded its first win of the season, knocking off previously unbeaten Åtvidaberg 2-0 April 15 at Strandvallen. Pär Eriksson fired Mjallby (1-1-2) in front after 67 minutes. Haris Radetinac made the score 2-0 at the 78-minute mark. Åtvidaberg (3-0-1) played most of the second down a man after Alberis da Silva got a red card for a flagrant foul.

Norrköping 2, Sundsvall 2
NORRKÖPING - Gunnar Heidar Thorvaldsson scored in the final minute to give Norrköping a 2-2 draw with Sundsvall April 16 at Nya Parken. Sundsvall (1-1-2) took the lead in the 19th minute thanks to an own goal. Norrköping (2-1-1) tied the game in the 81st minute on a Christoffer Nyman goal. Sundsvall went back on top in the 88th minute when Johan Eklund tallied. Thorvaldsson tied the game a minute later.

Helsingborg 1, GAIS 1
HELSINGBORG - Mervan Celik scored his first goal of the season to give GAIS a share of the points April 16 with Helsingborg at Olympia Stadium. Helsingborg (2-1-1) took the lead in the 19th minute on an own goal. Celik scored at the 42-minute mark for GAIS (0-3-1).

by Chipp Reid